The Framing Company
Kingston upon Thames
Welcome to The Framing Company. We are bespoke picture framers providing a custom mounting and framing service with personal one-to-one attention for all of our customers.
Our co-located shop and workshop is situated in Kingston upon Thames, Surrey. We are in the town centre at 6 Fife Road which is just outside the Fife Road exit from The Bentall Centre.
We commenced business in July 1986 and have traded from the same location since then. We are members of the Fine Art Trade Guild (FATG - the professional trade association for picture framers) and are Guild Commended Framers. We also belong to the Kingston upon Thames Chamber of Commerce.
Our bespoke picture framing service means we can mount, frame and glaze your artwork to any size. This can be done in any combination of styles and colours to give you a vast number of possible combinations from which to choose.
Custom mounting and framing your picture has the dual effect of improving its visual appearance and also of providing greater long term protection. Your framed picture will last and give pleasure
for many years if it is correctly framed.
In other words we are able to provide you with a unique framing solution for your art.
We only use high quality materials many of which are of conservation or museum quality. The wood we use to make our frames comes from renewable sources. We are able to offer you a choice of over 800
mouldings in wood and aluminium from which to make your frame, over 300 mounting boards and at least six different types of glass.
Combined this gives an awesome range of choice and we are sure to be able to find something to delight you.
You will not be left to fend for yourself in making your choice. You will have as much assistance as you need from one of our experienced framers.
The variety of items we can frame is enormous. Our bread and butter is framing:
- prints (open and limited edition)
- oil paintings (on canvas or board)
- silkscreen prints
- giclee prints
- acrylic paintings
- pastel drawings
These we handle on a daily basis.
We are also kept busy by framing more exotic items brought back from all parts of the globe. These include:
- Egyptian papyrus
- Indonesian batik
- Indian painted silk
- Chinese embroidered silk
- Aboriginal canvases
- African bark paintings
- a Portuguese sea horse (it wasn't still alive!)
We can also frame:
- signed sports shirts
- we have framed a policeman's whistle
- and a boxing glove
Please see our contact page for hours of business and different ways of getting in touch with us.
- Framing Blog
- The Picture Framing Blog keeps you up to date with all changes and additions to The Framing Company web site. Subscribe here.
- Art Prints available from The Framing Company, Picture Framer in Kingston upon T
- The Framing Company, Kingston upon Thames Picture Framer, sells fine art prints, limited edition prints, original prints and posters.
- The Framing Company, Kingston upon Thames Picture Framer - Contact Page
- The Framing Company, Kingston upon Thames Picture Framer, Contact Us
- Map to The Framing Company
- Map to The Framing Company, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 1SZ
- Tomblesons Panoramic Map of the Thames and Medway.
- Tomblesons Panoramic Map of the Thames and Medway is available from The Framing Company, Picture Framer in Kingston upon Thames, Surrey.
- Martin Stuart Moore's prints are available from The Framing Company, Picture Fra
- Prints by Martin Stuart Moore are available from The Framing Company, Kingston upon Thames.
- Christmas 2013 Opening Hours
- Christmas 2013 Opening Hours